Do we disclose your personal information to anybody?
Madill Motor Group may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances.
For example: Sometimes we are required or authorized by law to disclose your personal information. For example we may disclose your personal information during the registration or transfer of a vehicle, or to an insurance company transacting Compulsory Third Party insurance. We may also disclose your personal information to the Motor Vehicle Manufacturer or Distributor to ensure the proper registration of Warranty details for the protection of the customer's vehicle.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date
Madill Motor Group relies upon the personal information we hold about you to efficiently conduct our business of providing motor vehicle sales and services. For this reason it is extremely important that the information we collect is accurate, complete and up to date.
During the course of our business relationship with you, we may ask you, from time to time to tell us of any changes to your personal information; however, you may wish to contact us at anytime to furnish us with changes to your circumstances.
Is my personal information secure?
The protection of your personal information is a priority for Madill Motor Group.
We take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Madill Motor Group employs a number of means to protect your personal information including:
- Restricted access to personal information
- We enter into confidentiality agreements with employees, contractors and third party organizations
- Regular reviewing and testing of our technology in order to improve the levels of security
Can I access the personal information Madill Motor Group holds about me?
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you.
In most cases, a summary of personal information such as your name and address details, contact telephone numbers are freely available to you by contacting any one of our branches.
All requests for access to personal information will be handled as quickly as possible and we shall endeavour to process any request for access within 30 days of having received the request. For requests for information which may be held in archives, a fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval and the supply of the information to you.
Madill Motor Group may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after you have finished a relationship with us. After the required time has passed, we will attend to the destruction or deletion of your personal information.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser.
- Madill Motor Group uses technology such as “cookies” on its website and in emails you have agreed to receive from us. The use of “cookies” is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website so that we can customise and improve our website and services.
- The types of information stored by these “cookies” may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, details of your computer system, browser information, geolocation information, and details of pages visited (and for how long) and website functionality accessed.
- Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your web browser. However, certain aspects of our website or particular functionality may not be available or may not perform optimally if you turn off cookies.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website. We also use analytics data supplied by these vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns based on your prior visits to our website.
- For complete information on Google Analytics, please visit this https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=en&ref_topic=1008008